(The blog subdomain is working again! Yay!)
It’s been a busy day! I have a lot of things on my mind, but it appears I have blogger’s block. I think list format is going to have to do:
- Nip/Tuck = hilarious this season! House, also hilarious. Scrubs… not so hilarious, which is sad, because I really wanted to enjoy the last season.
- So many thanks to EmmaJane of Delicious Things for featuring my photographs today! It’s so exciting and rewarding to get props like that. It also reminds me that I’ve been a photo slacker, and I need to get working on some of these new ideas. I always let the cold weather slow me down. Isn’t it time to hibernate yet?
- Today I submitted some photos to a juried photography competition. Normally I don’t bother with juried shows because they require entrance fees, and I equate it to gambling – you’re investing in a chance, and it could go either way, and no matter how skilled or talented an artist you are, the subjectivity of the judges is the ultimate deciding factor. It’s unpredictable, and there are so many other ways to get promotion and recognition for your work that don’t involve money. Hmm. Reading that, I should know better. Blame it on an optimistic moment.
- I’m back into counseling again, and this time I’ve been deemed crazy enough to see a full-time therapist (not just the free employee counseling center). It’s nothing severe, just some nagging OCD behaviors that are starting to bug me, and a few long-term issues that need to be addressed. In actuality, I feel pretty good these days, so I figured that there’s no better time to start working on my neurosis than when I’m in a positive frame of mind. 😉
- Tomorrow we pick up Pippen from the shelter! Yay! We’ve talked about some techniques for introducing him to Nala and Stitch in hopes that all will play nice. I have a feeling it will be an interesting weekend in that respect.
- I cannot wait to see The Golden Compass in December. I finished the series last summer and I’ve been hyped about the movie ever since. Is it just me, or is the holiday season the best time for movies?
- Shut UP! Whose idea was it to give Stacey London her own show? And why am I watching TLC, anyway? Shame on me. (I can’t help it, I’m secretly obsessed with Little People, Big World.)