I am not supposed to eat the frosted animal crackers sitting on my desk right now. Why? Because I made the mistake of looking at the nutrition information while I was noting future food consumption for the day over at fitday.com.
I figured, hey, they’re animal crackers! With frosting! Wholesome childhood good-ness covered with sugar and those hard little confetti candies that could cut diamonds! How bad can they be?
Oh, I really didn’t want to know. I really didn’t want to know, because even if I were to successfully ignore the small bag on my desk, there’s still a giant bag of them at home, purchased on one of those dreadful, “I’m hungry, let’s go grocery shopping!” trips.
Damn you, Keebler, and all your little elves.
On another subject, I’m curious and have a question. What do you do at work when you have one of “those days”? And by “those days” I mean, “I should be working, but I can’t bring myself to do anything constructive, so I’m just going to make myself look busy while I’m really ____________”.
Fill in the blank! I’ll go first.
- Browsing photography Web sites. Right now I’m enjoying the works of Lovisa Ringborg and Janieta Eyre.
- Browsing for new WoW mods. Someday I’ll teach myself how to code my own. Right now I’m stuck on Serenity and Tinypad.
- Catching up on For Better or For Worse by Lynn Johnston.
- Charting my course around campus on Gmaps Pedometer.
- Cursing cookie-worshipping, height-disadvantaged peoples in my Vox blog.
- If I’m feeling adventurous, I’ll hit the “Stumble!” button on my browser’s Stumbleupon extension. You never know what you’re going to get, though.
- If I’m in a really masochistic mood, I’ll see what’s happening on the official WoW forums. In case of emergency, break glass, slit wrists – that kind of mood.
- Avoiding, at all costs, the bag of frosted animal crackers on my desk.